Sunday, July 7, 2013

Kidnapped in Telluride – An Independence Day Reminder From the Sheriff of San Miguel

Kidnapped in Telluride – An Independence Day Reminder From the Sheriff of San Miguel

handcuffs

The following account is true and accurate. Last night, July 2nd, at approximately 11:00 PM, I was walking on Highway 145 from Telluride to Placerville, Colorado.
An off duty Sheriff pulled up behind me and asked where I was going, and if I was alright. I explained that I had had a little tiff with my wife and that I preferred to walk, rather than argue. He said he understood, and asked if he could give me a ride. I said, “sure”. He made some room in his vehicle, asked my name, asked if I had any weapons, asked me if there were any warrants forme, and then said he just needed to run me through the system to see if I was wanted for anything. I told him I appreciated the offer, that I didn’t have any warrants, wasn’t wanted for anything, but I would rather walk if he was uncomfortable. I just didn’t feel that I had to prove my innocence to someone offering me a ride.
He said he was uncomfortable with me walking on the highway. I explained that I could see cars approaching from half a mile away, and could easily move off of the road. Then I said, if he would prefer, I could walk along the river. He said that made him more uncomfortable. I asked if I was breaking any laws. He said no. I asked if he thought I was a danger to anyone. He said “no”.
I said, “in that case, I will just continue walking”.
I walked about 30 feet, and he flipped on his blue lights. Then he got out and said he wanted me to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment