Saturday, May 10, 2014

A critical review of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum



Last Saturday, I arrived at La Guardia airport about 5pm Eastern time from San Diego to begin my 3 day, 4 night vacation in New York City. It was a much needed vacation - the first personal vacation I've had in quite a long time. I've been to New York City before, however, it had been about 7 or 8 years since the last time I visited. And it was a very nice, enjoyable visit, despite the cold, rainy weather the last day I was in town.

As you probably noticed, I haven't been doing much blogging, and I wasn't able to host any radio programs this past week due to my trip. I will be back to hosting The Realist Report this coming Wednesday morning beginning at 8am Pacific time where I'll be interviewing Dr. Kevin MacDonald about the Donald Sterling fiasco and related matters.

Click to enlarge.
On my trip, I got a chance to visit Lower Manhattan, and to check out the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, at least the parts that were open at the time. The Museum itself is not scheduled to be opened until May 21st. When the entire area is finally redeveloped, the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, along with the World Trade Center complex area, will look something like the model to the right here.

Regular readers here and listeners toThe Realist Report know that I have a major interest in the events of 9/11 and its aftermath. Before we discuss and review the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, allow me to briefly summarize my views on 9/11.

9/11 was the most important and game-changing event of our lifetimes - it was the seminal event of this young century, and has had disastrous ramifications on American foreign and domestic policy, international relations, and other aspects of social and political policy-making in the United States and around the world.
READ MORE: http://www.john-friend.net/2014/05/a-critical-review-of-national-september.html

No comments:

Post a Comment