Wednesday, December 23, 2015

School lunch lady fired for giving girl free meal

POCATELLO -- A lunch lady in Pocatello is out of a job after giving a middle school student a free meal.
The situation has stirred an uproar on social media, and community members are not happy.
But Dalene Bowden said despite being fired, she doesn't regret what she did for the student.
"My heart hurts," she said. "I truly loved my job, and I can't say that I wouldn't do it again."
Bowden lost her job at Irving Middle School last week. She said she was working as a server last Tuesday when a 12-year-old girl told her she didn't have any money and was hungry.
"So I handed her the food, and said 'here, we'll take care of it in a minute,'" she said.
Bowden's supervisor saw what happened and reported her.
"He said I was on permanent leave until he called me - I should not call them, he will call me," she said. "And they never called me... then I got the letter."

No comments:

Post a Comment